KRK Rokit Powered 10
WHAT WE LIKE
- Nice Design
- Excellent Sound
- Good construction
WHAT WE DO NOT LIKE
- The Price is high
Like everything else, not all speakers are created equal as some are obviously better than the rest. Personal preference is important in choosing a monitor; there is the option to choose from miniature to the biggest size including its variable quality of sounds. Of the many monitors in the market each year, KRK Systems has been consistent in launching affordable powerful studio monitors as part of their Rokit Series.
KRK’s Rokit G3s is the latest addition with the Rokit Powered 10-3 breaking the series mold because it has the tri-amped system. Other Rokits have 2 speakers but this new version has one for each hi, mid and low frequencies. The 10-3’s three-way design is adjustable for midfield and nearfield uses.
ROKIT 4 G3 provides professional performance and accuracy in mastering, mixing, playback and recording. This system consists of a single soft dome tweeter and 4 glass-Aramid composite woofers guaranteed to deliver high frequencies reaching 35 kHz with vocal accuracy and extended bass response.
Class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 100 dB. The engineered surface reduces diffraction distortion as well as front port of the firing bass port and boundary coupling to allow adjustable positioning. The ROKIT 4 G3 is easily integrated in any system due to its multiple input connections. It remains the most compact solution of the series.
Dimensions: 21.2 in. x 12.7in. x 14.3 in.
Weight: 46 lbs. each Total Weight: 92 lbs.
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please go to their website.
- Its optimal operating distance is 1m – 4m.
- Axis Control enables monitors to be placed and be positioned vertically and horizontally to be enabled by the rotatable MF/HF Baffle.
- The Rokit Powered 10-3 is a mid-field monitor that is operating in optimal distance of 1m-4m depending on configuration, geometry, orientation preference and room size.
- Diffraction distortion is eliminated by curved baffle.
- The shape of the front-firing port is optimized minimize turbulence and boundary coupling.
- Design of Tweeter Waveguide provides extraordinary details and imagining by making the most of directivity and phase response.
- Design of the Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter utilizes a silk dome for
Higher detailed frequency reproduction
- The properties of ferro fluid dumping/cooling are used to be used to control distortion and heat dissipation of the tweeter.
Volume control at the rear of the unit allows a high resolution range from -30 to dB to + 6 dB creating loud and accurate sound that are satisfactory in all standards. The 3-way design results to a detailed balance of sound across the frequency range. The noise is masked as soon as the music is played even at the lowest volume. Very rigid Woofer and Midrange cones are created by glass aramid composite for excellent transient response and accurate vocal production.
The quality standard of KRK enables the monitor to go all the way over other competing studio monitors. Being better in performance than its former predecessor, the tri-amped Rokit G3 is the favorite in the series. It is the perfect studio monitor for commercial facilities that need more capable mid-fields, as well as space. It is also the ideal purchase for budget-conscious private studios.